The I-30LC is the model we've always wanted Collings to make - anyone that knows us knows we simply love ES-330s. While ES-335s are obviously amazing, the totally hollow ES-330 has an overall musicality that makes them so versatile. Don't forget, the legendary Epiphone Casino was put into heavy rotation by a little band from Liverpool that you may have heard of - the ES-330 was simply Gibson's more "deluxe" version.
To have a company like Collings turn their attention to this lauded model is incredibly exciting. They've nailed everything that makes the vintage ES-330s so great - light as air, perfectly balanced, killer acoustic tones and plugged in tones. Want to play jazz? Use the neck pickup, roll back the tone knob a touch, done. Les Paul snarl and bite? Bridge pickup, crank your amp, smile. Done. You can access everything in-between those two extremes with ease.
Like all Collings guitars, the build, fit-finish, setup, playability, and tones are perfect, quite literally. Worth every last penny, no question.
**Video clip is for tonal reference only and is not this actual guitar
- Fully hollow w/parallel trestle braces
- Maple laminate body/top
- Honduran mahogany neck w/rosewood fingerboard
- Mother of pearl fretboard dots
- Non-grained ivoroid body/fingerboard binding (no peghead binding)
- Kluson ABR-1 bridge
- Collings original tailpiece
- Throbak '55-'56 P90s w/custom phenolic covers
- CTS 500K/Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Amber top hat knobs
- 1 11/16" nut
- 24 7/8" Scale Length
- Ameritage Deluxe hardshell case
- Serial No. I30LC20403