The Walrus Audio D1 Multi-function Delay has been updated for 2022 with the following upgrades:
• Added stereo width control giving the D1 two different widening types – Panning and Haas Stereo Effect.
• Revised the Reverse program for a stronger effect.
• Revised the Vintage program to emulate a tape delay.
• Added USB functionality for firmware updates via walrusaudio.io.
The first in the Mako series, the D1 is a powerful multi-function delay with five, studio grade, high-fidelity, custom tuned programs. The programs are Digital, Mod, Vintage, Dual and Reverse. Each can be tuned and tweaked with modulation, tone, age, and subdivisions. The attack knob adds another dynamic to each program, opening up a new world for creating soundscapes. The D1 boasts stereo in and out, midi control and on-board presets. A workhorse of a delay that is just as ready for the road as it is the studio.
- Digital - The Digital delay program offers a clean and crystal-clear delay that is perfect for rhythmic guitar parts where ultra-defined echoes are desired.
- Mod - The Mod delay progam has unique modulation LFOs applied to the repeats that are random and run at multiple rates to create unpredictable pitch modulation. This results in very unique sounding repeats perfect for warping minds and scattering trains of thought.
- Vintage – The Vintage program allows for analog delay inspired tones to be achieved with complex filtering applied to the repeats. Use the tone knob at low settings for darker filtering and at higher settings to roll off low end.
- Dual - The Dual program employs two delays in parallel, each with different time divisions. When connected in mono, the two delays are added together. When connected in stereo, one set of repeats is sent to the left output and one set is sent to the right. The division switch has unique functionality in Dual mode.