Excelling at single-note melodies and modal accompaniment, this octave is equally at home in standard or dropped D (GDAD) tunings, the latter facilitated by the 22 9/16" scale. Still very easy to play, setup with medium action.
This instrument dates to 2010. Overall condition is excellent. The top has settled under the bridge slightly and by all measures seems quite stable. With an added Fishman active undersaddle pickup, and clear pickguards to protect that striking koa, this octave is ready for live action again!
Priced with custom Cedar Creek case.
- Figured koa top, back and sides
- Flamed maple neck
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Ivoroid-bound top, back, headstock, fingerboard, soundhole, rosette
- Abalone rosette inlay
- Ebony headstock overlay with "Painted Trillium" floral inlay
- Gold Gotoh tuners
- Gold, engraved James tailpiece
- Bone nut and saddle
- 22 9/16" scale length
- 1 3/8" nut
- Active, undersaddle pickup
- tuned (low-to-high) GDAE