As you are likely well aware, octave mandolin is enjoying new heights of popularity these days. We have had the pleasure of hosting several of Bob Abrams' instruments; they have all possessed an excellent, enticing voice and exhibit stellar workmanship. A spruce top paired with a red maple back and sides create a full, rich tone with a lively, vocal midrange that perfectly suits celtic, old-time, and acoustic roots rhythm playing. The 22.5" scale length hits the sweet spot for many players, facilitating easy chording and comfortable melody playing, making for a relatively easy transition for mandolin players looking to dive into lower registers.
This instrument comes to us used, in very good overall condition. Some light marks on the top but generally very well maintained.
Priced with custom Cedar Creek case.
- Sitka spruce top
- Red maple back and sides
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Bone nut and saddle
- Ivoroid-bound top, back, headstock, fingerboard, soundhole, rosette
- Ebony headstock overlay with "Painted Trillium" floral inlay
- Paua rosette and fb dot inlay
- Nickel tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- Clear pickguard
- 22.5" scale length
- Active undersaddle pickup
- Built-in, treble-side strap hook
- tuned (low-to-high) GDAE; will accommodate GDAD
- Serial #175