One of the things we love most about Glenn Nichols - founder/builder @ Retrograde Guitars, former finish department foreman at Santa Cruz guitars, French Polish restorer for renowned classical guitar maker Kenny Hill, and current Bill Tippin employee Bill's only employee) - is that he's never content to rest on his laurels. Like an artist, inventory and/or songwriter, Glenn is always looking ahead, always focused on the next project, the next idea to explore. His most recent exploration has resulted in this incredible cool, stunningly beautiful, model called the Rosedale. From Glenn...
"The new Rosedale model introduces a more acoustic element to the Retrograde line. After extensive experimentation with the lamination process, I feel confident in controlling the tap tone of the vacuum pressed plates. Mahogany, spruce, and maple are used in different pairings throughout the construction to create a clear and woody tone. Hand carved German spruce bracing, a traditional dovetail neck joint, and classical inspired sound ports all add to the overall acoustic resonance of the guitar. Visually, the design draws from the 30s & 40s archtops which were used in early country blues and jazz. Aptly named The Rosedale, it stands at the crossroads of acoustic and electric guitar."
Priced with hardshell case.
- Top: 5 ply laminate, maple/mahog/maple/mahog/Cedar Outer
- Back: 5 ply Maple laminate with Mahog inner
- Sides: Maple/ Mahog laminate
- Bracing: German Spruce
- Neck: mahogany
- Fingerboard: Granadillo w/ pearl dots
- Headstock: Boat Paddle, Madagascar Rosewood, Pearl Retrograde logo
- Backstrap: Madagascar rosewood
- Scale: 24.9"
- Nut Width: 1 11/16
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Frets: Standard .092 x .048
- Binding: Ivoroid/black/white, body only
- Electronics: Lollar Johnny Smith pickup, volume, tone (Schatten thumbwheels under pickguard)
- Tunes: Waverly, Ivoroid Butterbean
- Bridge: Handmade adjustable, ebony w/maple saddle
- Tailpiece: Relic Trapese
- Pickguard: Bound Madagascar Rosewood
- Strap Buttons: Waverly Ivoroid
- Hand Rubbed Antiqued Varnish finish, Sunburst (body), French Polish (neck)
- Hardshell Silver Creek case