An absolutely killer preowned Gibson 1959 ES-345 Reissue has rolled into the shop, and while we don't prescribe modern Gibsons to equal that of their vintage counterparts, it's enlightening when a modern-built version has an inspiring level of tone and feel.
As part of a limited run in the mid 2010s and mostly sold through Wildwood Guitars, this 1959 ES-345 RI nails the late 50s style of the heralded semi-hollow. A wonderfully carved '59 style neck feels great in hand, and it's set up with nice low action that welcomes chords and melodies alike. It's got that great semi-hollow character of acoustic-like openness along with the fundamental punch and focus of a stoptail Gibson. It's no slouch in the looks department either, with a great '59 style full body sunburst, classy parallelogram inlays, and gold hardware throughout.
Condition: Excellent. A beautiful example with very little signs of wear or use. Light patina on the hardware with minimal pick wear on the pickguard. Frets are in great shape as well. Setup is currently set up low and fast, but it can be dialed in to your preference!
Here's a link to a video demo of this actual guitar: https://youtu.be/NCx8owRn2YY
Priced with original hardshell case and COA.
- Finish Color: Historic Burst
- Laminated Maple body
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Hot-hide Glue
- Neck Shape: 1959 Rounded Profile
- Neck Dimensions: .890 1st - .980 12th
- Fingerboard Inlays: Aged Celluloid Split Parallelograms
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Binding: Accurate Historic Colored Multi-ply Binding
- Pickups: MHS Humbuckers Alnico III Neck, Alnico II Bridge
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-way Toggleswitch, Varitone Switch
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Stopbar Tailpiece with Period Correct Long Anchors and Studs
- All lightweight materials to include the Historic shaped centerblock
- Weight: 8.04 lbs