A wonderful example of a Memphis-made Gibson Custom ES-339 in Tangerine Burst has just arrived, and it's got all the great qualities of the classic semi-hollow design in a more compact format.
This particular guitar features the larger and less common Fat Neck carve; feel is somewhere between a '57 and '59 profile, which hits a nice sweet spot for fullness with great playability. The original Classic '57s always sound great in semi-hollow Gibsons, and this is no exception. Great balance and output that works just as well for clean tones and overdrive alike.
The early Gibson Custom ES-339 variants definitely feel like a step up from the production models that followed - light, balanced, with great fit and finish. If you find the standard ES-335 a bit too cumbersome, a great ES-339 like this can provide a lot of the same quality tone in a friendlier size.
Condition: Very Good/Excellent. The guitar shows play wear typical of its age, with some minor scuffs and small dings throughout. Fret wear is light, hardware is very clean with some light patina, and the original Tangerine Burst finish is quite vibrant.
Priced with original Gibson HSC.
- 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple Laminate top, back, and sides
- Mahogany neck w/ 50s neck carve
- Neck Profile: .89" @ 1st fret / .99" @ 12th fret
- Fingerboard: Rosewood 12”” Radius
- No. of Frets: 22 Frets
- Scale Length: 24 3/4”
- Nut Width: 1 11/16”
- Machine Heads: Kluson Vintage Tuners with Pearloid Buttons
- Tune-O-Matic Bridge and Stop Tailpiece
- Pickguard: 2-Ply Black & White
- Pickups: ’57 Classic Humbuckers
- Pickup Switching: 3-Way Switch
- Controls: Volume / Volume, Tone / Tone
- Weight: 6lb 15oz