Here's one of the most unique Froggy Bottom guitars we've ever had in inventory! While we're as guilty as anyone when it comes to tricking out our stock with exotic tonewoods and detailed appointments, we've taken the opposite approach here. Call it a "vintage-minded" Froggy. The R14 is roughly equivalent to an L-00 in its body dimensions. But while you'd typically think dry, punchy, woody, etc., when you think 1930's small-bodied flattop, you can expect a sort of turbo-charged variant thereof with this guitar. It's got plenty of snap and growl when flatpicked, and plenty of woody charm for a microphone when played fingerstyle, but it also delivers that gorgeous wash of overtones we've come to expect from Froggy Bottom. Want all the best characteristics of a vintage guitar, enough lushness to play fingerstyle instrumentals, and a short scale? This may just be your new housemate.
The jet black top finish combined with the dark walnut stained Mahogany is a first for the Froggy finish department. We love the way this guitar turned out; and we'd love to hear what you think as well.
This guitar is priced with a Cedar Creek AVS (American Vintage Series) hard case.
- Model: R14
- Serial Number: R2381
- Materials: Mahogany back & sides, Adirondack spruce top, Ebony fingerboard & bridge, MOP 5mm dots, MOP Froggy logo, Pearl rosette, Maple bindings & grafts
- Finish: Poly
- Neck Shape: Soft, rounded, medium depth C
- Hardware: Waverly tuners, Bone nut & saddle
- Measurements: 1 3/4" Nut width, 24.75" Scale, 2 5/16" String spacing
- Case: Original TKL hardshell