For players who appreciate the mojo of Fender’s golden era matched to contemporary features, Fender created the Vintera ‘60s Jaguar Modified. Blending classic looks with a modern neck profile and fingerboard radius, hotter pickups and updated electronics—this guitar packs a surprising amount of power under the hood.
To crank out giant-sized tone from this short-scale wonder, Fender loaded it up with a pair of high-output Atomic humbucking pickups. They have the power to easily drive a tube amp into luscious overdrive, while retaining the articulate sound that made Fender famous.
The “Modern C”-shaped neck has a 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets, for modern playing feel. An Adjusto-matic bridge is paired to Jaguar floating tremolo, while vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability.
Joining the master volume and tone controls, two sliders on the lower bout activate/deactivate each pickup while the third slider activates a “tone cut”. The wheels on the upper horn select between single-coil and humbucking modes for each pickup, giving you more tonal variety.
Other features include a kill switch mounted on the upper horn, chrome hardware and four-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.
- Alder body, Gloss Polyester
- Maple neck w/a Pau Ferro fingerboard, Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- 9.5" radius
- 22 frets
- 1.65" Synthetic Bone nut
- Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- 3-Ply Mint Green pickguard
- Aged white pickup covers
- Vintage-Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass knobs
- Atomic Humbuckers
- Master Volume, Master Tone; Two Thumbwheel Controls blend between humbucker and single-coil operation, Kill-Switch (upper slider switch), Bridge and Neck ON/OFF (lower slider switches), Choke Switch
- Neck Pickup On/Off Slide Switch, Bridge Pickup On/Off Slide Switch, Normal/Low Cut Slide Switch
- Deluxe Gig Bag