The Fender Custom Shop Masterbuilt 50th Anniversary 1954 Reissue Stratocaster is one of the most faithfully recreated versions of the historic solid body electric to ever come through Fender.
Built by longtime Master Builder Dennis Galuszka, this '54 Reissue Stratocaster incorporates all of Leo's first-year designs to a tee, from the neck shape and headstock carve, to the body contours, and even the plastics (including the serialized back plate). It feels quite true to those early spec Strats, and plays exceptionally well. The pickups have that woody, chirpy response with the ability to touch on some of the tele-isms this model was borne out of.
As with many Masterbuilt Fenders, the overall fit, finish, and setup on this guitar is nothing short of excellent. It's very light and comfortable at 7lb 3oz, and shows virtually no wear having been very well maintained in its near 20-year life. It includes its original early style brown poodle case and all case candy.
- Select Ash body w/ nitrocellulose Sunburst finish
- One-piece Maple neck with 1954 "U" carve
- Handwound '54 Stratocaster pickups
- Historically accurate plastics (short skirt knobs, single-ply guard, pickup covers)
- 3-way pickup selector (FCS 5-way switch included in case)
- Serialized early-style tremolo back plate
- Weight: 7lb 3oz
- Serial # 5531