While a lot of players favor the fatter midrange that an Alder-bodied Fender delivers, we fall for the open, chimey tones of an Ash-bodied Tele every time (Alder is amazing, don't get us wrong). The open, rounded twang it delivers is so nuanced and endlessly fascinating to explore either clean w/some reverb or with our favorite gain pedal engaged.
Details: This LTD '59 Tele features a 2 piece Ash body, maple/rosewood neck with a 60s Oval C carve and 7 1/4" radius, and hand-wound Custom Shop '58 Telecaster pickups.
Upon sitting down with this guitar, we were immediately struck by the weight - 6lbs 13oz - and the neck carve. The Oval C carve on this guitar is so comfy, broken-in feeling, and easy to play on - the perfect balance of chunky and sleek (.81-.95") coupled with the perfectly installed 6105 frets yields a guitar that embodies the vintage/modern concept beautiful.
The hand-wound '58 pickups sounded perfect into our Carr Sportsman. Chimey, rich, twangy...this is kind of Tele tone we love, again, Ash body. It's almost like you've rolled the bold fundamental clean of a lap steel with a touch of a P90s chime and midrange. It's a beautiful sound, akin to a great old Telecaster.
Priced with hardshell case.
- Builder: Fender Custom Shop
- Model: LTD '59 Telecaster
- Serial Number: CZ561088
- Weight: 6lbs 13oz
- Materials: 2-Piece Ash, Maple, Rosewood
- Finish: Nitrocellulose, Aged White Blonde, Relic
- Neck Shape: 60's Oval C, .81-.95"
- Electronics: Hand-wound '58 Tele pickups, Vol, Tone, 3-way, Fat 50s wiring
- Measurements: 25 1/2" scale, 1.65" bone nut, 6105 frets, 7.25" radius
- Case/Papers: Fender hardshell, CoA, case candy