While the Fender P Bass dominated the 50s as the only electric bass in their line up, by the time the 60s rolled around Leo and his crew felt it was time for an update. From Fender:
"The reasoning was clear enough - it was simply time for a new Fender bass. And just as the Stratocaster expanded on the Telecaster rather than supplanting it, this new bass would complement the P Bass by offering great tonal versatility and a design that went beyond the utilitarian to the realm of the sleekly stylish.
If the P Bass was a Chevy, the new deluxe model would be a Ferrari. Leo Fender himself said so. In a Guitar Player magazine interview years later, he said, 'Well, it’s like a car, you know - you come out with a standard model, then you have a deluxe model - a Cadillac version.'"
Featuring a two-piece alder body clad in a Journeyman Relic lacquer finish, a quartersawn maple neck with a ’60 Jazz Bass “U” profile; and a 9.5”-radius fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo (6105) frets. The hand-wound vintage Jazz Bass pickups are wired to knurled "stack-knob" configuration on the chrome control plate for a classically enticing look.
Other features include a three-ply black pickguard, vintage-style bass bridge with four threaded saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, and bone nut.
Condition: Excellent. Light use from a pro player who kept it well maintained. Setup is great and the frets are in excellent shape.
Priced with original hardshell case. COA included.
- Journeyman Relic Lacquer Finish
- 2-Piece Select Alder Body
- Quartersawn Maple Neck with '60 Style Jazz Bass "U" Back-Shape, heavy relic finish on back of neck
- Flat-Lam Rosewood Fingerboard and Vintage Clay Dot Inlays
- 9.5" Radius
- 20 Medium Jumbo (6150) Frets
- Hand-Wound Vintage Jazz Bass Pickups
- Vintage Wiring with 60s J Bass Stack Knob configuration
- 4-Ply Tort Pickguard
- 4-Saddle Vintage-Style Bridge
- Vintage-Style "Lollipop" Tuning Machines
- Bone Nut
- Disc String Tree
- Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Strap & Certificate of Authenticity
- Weight: 9lbs