Remember that Doghair City Limits we posted on the site a short while back? Meet its bigger semi-hollow cousin, this 2011 SoCo Deluxe Doghair. Hailing from the same collection, this definitely falls into the "should we even call this preowned?" category. While we'll never called a used instrument 100% mint, you can bet we're thinking it. With plastic still on the stopbar, we dare you to find a decade-old cleaner example.
The all-mahogany recipe in a semi-hollow format yields a bit of a rounder top end and a richer midrange response. Pair that with a set of Lollar P90 pickups and you've got some nice chime and definition with a warmer overall response. This is a great combination that isn't often repeated and tonally represents something a bit more unique than the more traditional maple-laminate 335 style build.
While the dark plastics and lack of inlays on the fingerboard give this SoCo a little bit more of a softer aesthetic, it's not hard to notice the full pearloid headstock veneer. This is another interesting and rarer feature we haven't seen in some time- very cool!
This is one of those "pay used, get new" guitars that doesn't come along very often.
Priced with original hardshell case.
- Premium semi-hollow mahogany body
- Mahogany neck
- Grained ivoroid body binding
- Nitrocellulose Doghair lacquer finish
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Pearloid overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Grained ivoroid bound rosewood fingerboard with no inlays
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Dual Lollar P90 pickups
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- DiMarzio 500K pots and Jupiter Vintage Yellow Tone capacitors
- Kluson ABR-I bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- Serial No. 11227
- Weight: 7lbs