The I-35LC Vintage from Collings Guitars takes their uber-successful semi-hollow design and incorporates what many of us here at TME struggle to describe: feel, responsiveness and musicality. Everything about the I-35LC has been rethought with the introduction of the I-35LC Vintage, from the laminate formula used to construct the body, to the finish, to the capacitors and pickups: a looser, organic feel was the goal, and we'd say that nail's been hit on the head.
The I-35LC has a tangible liveliness about it, and its sound is breathier and warmer than its predecessor. If you're in the market for a semi-hollow that delivers vintage-inspired sound with unbeatable standards of playability and craftsmanship ~ look no further.
Pictures are of a previously sold model with identical specs. New pictures coming soon!
Priced with Ameritage hard case.
- Semi hollow laminate maple body w/maple center block
- Honduran Mahogany neck
- Ivoroid bound body & neck
- Kluson ABR-1 bridge (nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)
- Kluson Stop Tailpiece (nickel-plated zinc, steel studs)
- Rosewood Fingerboard w/ MOP long dots (5mm non-tapered)
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- ThroBak ESG-102B humbuckers
- DiMarzio 500K pots / Luxe Bumblebee caps
- 1 11/16" nut width
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Gotoh Tuners
- 50s style wiring
- Aged nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Serial No. I35LC221933