Welcome Brondel's 'New Vintage' No. 2!
The 'New Vintage' guitars are exactly that- a custom-spec bolt-neck electric featuring a combination of curated vintage parts and Laurent's own guitar bodies, married together to deliver an exceptional guitar that has tone and vibe to spare.
Just like the hybrid that accompanied it, this '67 DC Hardtail features some great curated vintage parts (neck, pickups, bridge, wiring harness, etc) combined with a Brondel-made alder body and beautiful aged Sea Foam Green lacquer finish.
The vintage parts really capture the vibe of the instrument, and lend quite well into its tonal range and style. The original 1970s pickups are slightly hotter but still retain great Strat quack where and when you want it, and the bridge pickup yields a more bold response in part due to the string-through hardtail bridge. You can certainly hear some of those tele-isms in that position, which many Strat players feel are a nice benefit to the hardtail design.
These 'New Vintage' models are all about feel, playability, and tone, and Laurent is elevating the vintage experience in these builds
There's something special about having the touch of a world-class luthier put together an interesting instrument that feels familiar but offers up so much more. It's a unique and welcomed approach, something we've become accustomed to in working with Laurent. There's no shortage of excitement on our end, and we're pretty sure your experience will parallel that.
Price includes G&G hardshell case.
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer Aged Sea Foam Green
- Body: Alder
- Neck: 1967 Fender Coronado with reshaped headstock, maple with east indian rosewood fingerboard, original neck plate
- Neck Profile: .825” @ 1st fret to .860” @ 12th fret
- 9.5" FB radius, Jescar 47104 SS fret wire
- Electronics: Mid ‘70s Fender Stratocaster pickups, covers & pots
- Aged cream pearloid pickguard
- Bridge: Mid 60s hardtail bridge plate w/ Fender Pure Vintage saddles (GraphTech high E saddle)
- Mid ‘60s Kluson double-line tuners
- Weight: Approx 6.6 lbs