We're finally getting around to showing off the glamour shots of this Brondel Honeycaster Hybrid in Seafoam Green! This instrument sold after some teaser photos were posted on social media, but if we're being superficial, it just looks too good not to share. However, its greatness is much more than skin deep. Many electric guitar aficionados may overlook Laurent Brondel's gorgeous custom creations. After all, there are a lot of beautiful S-style guitars out there. What makes the HCDC special is Brondel's use of the Tele bridge and his skill as an acoustic guitar maker. This thing feels alive, the way a great instrument should. And coupled with Ron Ellis pickups, vintage-style tone and responsiveness can be coaxed from this guitar as easily as they could be if you were holding the real thing.
We'll have a couple more HCDC models in early 2021, so send us an email if you've got questions about what's in store.
- Alder body
- Curly maple neck
- Laminated Panama rosewood fretboard (9.5” radius)
- Ron Ellis pickups, custom set: Tele 60T bridge, Strat 64DB mid (RWRP) & neck
- Rutters bridge w/ intonated stainless steel saddles
- Gotoh staggered vintage tuners
- Jescar EVO 47104 fretwire
- Slightly aged nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Custom wiring (1st tone control for neck pickup, no tone control for mid pickup, 2nd tone control for bridge pickup)
- 1 5/8” nut width, neck depth: .900” 1st fret, .960” 12th fret