One of our favorite new electric guitars of 2020 has found its way back to us, and we're proud to offer it yet again! This barely used Brondel Honeycaster Hybrid in aged Candy Apple Red is one of the most well-executed Fender style mashups we've ever come across.
New to Brondel guitars? What makes the Honeycaster Hybrid model special is Brondel's melding of a Tele bridge, achieving authentic Tele snap and twang, and a Stratocaster's ergonomic body. It's truly the best of both Fender worlds. Of course, his reputation and skill as an acoustic guitar maker doesn't hurt either!
Simply put? These guitars feels alive and responsive, exactly the way a great instrument should - and - coupled with a set of highly regarded Ron Ellis pickups, vintage-inspired tones and responsiveness can be coaxed from this guitar as easily as they could be if you were holding the real thing. Awesome, inspiring stuff.
Condition: Excellent/like new. We'd be hard pressed to find any changes in condition since it was original sold.
- Alder body
- Curly maple neck
- Lam EIR fretboard (9.5” radius)
- Ron Ellis pickups, Custom set: Tele 60T bridge, Strat 64DB mid (RWRP) & neck
- Mint green pickguard
- Rutters bridge w/intonated brass & SS saddles (EA SS, DGBE brass)
- Kluson repro nickel double-line vintage tuners
- Jescar EVO 47104 fretwire
- Aged nitro cellulose finish (metallic colour is acrylic lacquer with nitrocellulose lacquer top coats)
- Access V case
- Overall mid ‘60s specs & feel.
- 10-46 Ernie Ball Super Slinky Strings
- Custom wiring (1st tone control for neck pickup, no tone control for mid pickup, 2nd tone control for bridge pickup)
- 1 11/16” nut width, “fat” mid ‘60s profile (.87" @ 1st / .97" @ 12th)