Powerful sound, beautiful tone woods, and artful design & execution define this concert model from classical builder Yulong Guo.
Guo has incorporated several other modern innovations in classical guitar design, including a double top, a secondary back in cedar, a slightly arched back, and an elevated fingerboard. In combination with a lovely, figured koa back and sides, the result is an instrument with strong low end, warm midrange, clear, rounded treble side, and excellent projection.
The figured maple center strip, dragon-engraved (!) tuning plates, compound ebony-and-rosewood bridge design, and mesmerizing, cube mosaic rosette highlight a whimsical, elevated contemporary aesthetic.
This guitar, a 2018 model, comes to us from the collection of a very highly regarded Boston-area teacher, player, and longtime friend of the store, and is in excellent condition.
Includes custom hard-shell case.
- Double top, double back design
- Cedar double top (Nomex center)
- Highly figured Koa back and sides
- Spanish cedar neck with ebony reinforcement
- Elevated, ebony fingerboard
- Cube mosaic inlay
- Dragon-inlaid, gold tuners w/ black buttons
- 650mm scale
- 52mm nut width
- Original Red Singing Dragon fiberglass case
- Serial #0631