A deeply expressive, concert-level instrument from a modern master luthier. We are excited to welcome the latest cedar-topped Solista from Los Angeles maker Germán Vazquez Rubio. The Solista features a French polished, shellac finish over a Western red cedar top, with a hand-thinned nitro lacquer on the Indian Rosewood back and sides. With a voice at once mature and lively, this instrument balances lightweight, quick attack with dynamic power and rich tonal complexity. If you like the warm, open, resonant voice of a cedar guitar, you are in for a treat. The wood selection is top shelf and the appointments are exquisite, most notably the twirled-ribbon rosette, echoed in the inlaid bridge cap—just one whimsical touch on this captivating classical.
Priced with hard-shell Humicase.
- Western Red cedar soundboard
- Indian Rosewood back and sides
- Cedar neck
- Ebony fingerboard
- Rosewood bridge
- Rosewood binding w/multicolor purfling
- Bone nut & saddle
- 650mm scale, 52mm nut width
- French polished, shellac finish top
- Hand-thinnned, lacquer back and sides
- Schaller frictionless tuning machines