A little larger than the Cambridge model, the Corralitos has a vibe/feel that makes you want to play it through a cranked amp. It's a lightweight instrument, balances perfectly, and the tones and playability are really addictive (we had a similar experience with Joe Yanuziello's instruments). It sounds like an old, perfectly seasoned guitar with a gorgeous acoustic voice. Seriously, you could play it happily for extended periods of time before ever thinking of plugging it in.
Woods, pickups, finish, specs....all that stuff aside, at the end of the day, the real question with any instrument comes down to - Do I want to play this? Does it inspire me? To use familiar language, does it have a vibe...mojo? The answer in this case is, unquestionably, yes.
If you're into student model guitars, catalog-style guitars, but also want something that's light-years beyond it quality-wise, look no further - Glenn has cracked the code. Priced with hardshell case.
- Top - 5 ply laminate, flame maple with mahogany core
- Bracing - German Spruce
- Back - 5 ply maple laminate with mahogany inner
- Sides -maple/mahogany laminate
- F-Holes - Violin style
- Neck - mahogany
- Fingerboard -Brazilian rosewood
- Overlay -Brazilian rosewood
- Backstrap -Brazilian rosewood
- Scale Length - 25.5"
- Nut Width - 1 11/16"
- Neck Joint - Hidden bolt-on, mortis and tenon
- Frets - Jumbo
- Binding - Single Ivoroid
- Headstock - Pearl Retrograde Logo
- Side dots - Pearl
- Pickups - McNelly Autumn Humbuckers w/Emerson paper in oil caps, 50s wiring 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-way
- Tuners - Waverly relic
- Bridge - handmade adjustable, Granadillo w/flame maple saddle
- Tailpiece - relic gold trapeze
- Pickguard - vintage pearloid
- Nut - unbleached bone
- Strap Buttons - Waverly tortoise
- Finish - hand-rubbed[nbsp]antiqued varnish
- Neck finish - French polish
- Custom Color - Abstract Violin Burst
- Hardshell case included