Love Strats, Teles, and LPs but can't decide which to get? You should check the Probett Rocket III out. From Damian Probett...
"My aim was to make something new from some things old. Not just to do what has been done before but to take elements of some of my favorite designs and combine them into something interesting, exciting and new.
I've combined elements from various 1950s solid body guitars with the aim of retaining a cohesive and functional design. It had to look right and it has to sound right.
The overall aesthetic is heavily influenced by the the Epiphone Wilshire and Crestwood. This was my “launch pad”. The foundation on which I worked. The comfort of the Fullerton designed slab models is hard to beat so I tried not to stray too far from that. Early '50s lower edge contours for seated playing with late`50s contours for comfort."
The quality of Damian's work is extraordinary. Every aspect of the build, down to the subtlest of details, is spot on, resulting in a truly inspired - and inspiring - instrument.
Condition: Very good+. Signs of prior ownership include he tones are amazing. This is a huge sounding guitar that will easily make your LP or Strat nervous about the chopping block. Think LP with about 40% Strat mixed in and you'll approximate where this beauty is coming from.
Damien Probett is considered by many in the boutique world to be one of the finest builders working today. His name regularly appears in conversation along with the likes of Johan Gustavsson, Gil Yaron, and Michael Stevens - heavyweights to be sure! We can't say enough about Damien's guitars - don't mean to gush, but they're simply that good. Not to be missed if you're in any way, shape, or form a fan of the classic electric designs.
Priced with original Hiscox hardshell case.
- Set neck with “Explorer”style Extended tenon
- Premium grade 1 piece 1.75″ Mahogany
- Contours: “T” style lower edge radius, “S” style upper radius with deep belly and forearm contours
- Neck Material: One piece quartersawn Mahogany
- Fretboard: First grade Rosewood
- Binding: Single ply “Royalite”
- Inlays: Vintage spec Dot inlays
- Fretboard Radius: 12″
- Nut Width: 1.693″ (43mm)
- Vintage style 3/16 single acting rod
- Nut: Bone
- Frets: Nickel Silver (.100” x .050”)
- Headstock angle: 10 degrees
- Pickups: Fralin P90’s hum cancelling
- Switching: 5 way
- Nickel Hardware
- Bridge: Mann
- Tuners: Gotoh “Kluson” type
- Lightly aged unplasticised nitrocellulose lacquer
- Hiscox “Liteflite” hardcase
- SN 331724