TME is excited to have this Brazilian Rosewood "Herringbone" dreadnought in stock from the Pre-War Guitar Co. (though we're sure it won't last long). The Herringbone is Pre-War's classic style-28 dreadnought, complete with herringbone top purfling, Ivoroid binding, and diamond & squares fingerboard inlay ... though the Brazilian rosewood and torrefied Red spruce are probably what's worth discussing! The sound if this guitar is intoxicating ~ it's plenty loud & open, but it's complex as well. We're used to dry-sounding guitars from our friends at Pre-War, and perhaps the Brazilian back & sides create the exception to the rule. Beautiful, glassy overtones abound, which makes this a super-versatile dreadnought. Don't worry if you're a bluegrass-er: it'll still make you grin ear to ear. But if you thought a Pre-War dreadnought was only built for firepower, think again. A terrific sounding guitar! Priced with Original Case Co. hard case (1930's style, arched top, black exterior & green interior).
* Due to its popularity and high value, this guitar must be shipped expedited. Buyer will be responsible for expedited shipping both ways if returned.
- Model: Herringbone
- Serial Number: 66693
- Materials: Brazilian rosewood back & sides, Torrefied Red (Adirondack) spruce, Ebony fingerboard & bridge
- Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer, Stage 1.5 distress
- Neck Shape: 1930's style soft V
- Hardware: Waverly Tuners
- Measurements: 25.4" Scale, 1 3/4” bone nut, 2 5/16" String spacing
- Case: Original Case Co. HSC