Pre-owned Northfield 5-Bar Artist Model just into the shop on trade! This rare "Blonde" model features an Italian Spruce top, which, when coupled with the 5-bar bracing schematic, produces a lovely, bell-like sound replete with chimes and overtones (it's an excellent choice for an articulate fiddle tune player!). Overall condition is super-clean, though some slight binding bleed on the top is visible when examined closely (Northfield has confirmed this condition is original to the instrument). Anyone looking for an adventurous take on the 5-bar model would be most pleased with this instrument: its sweet sound has been drawing comments from listeners in the shop ever since we took it in. Priced with Airloom Deluxe hardshell case.
Please note: this mandolin has had a K&K Mandolin Twin pickup installed.
- 5-Bar construction
- Premium Italian Spruce Top
- Premium figured Sugar Maple 1 Piece back
- Torch Inlay on headstock
- Northfield Engraved Nickel plated Bill James Tailpiece
- Nickel plated Gotoh Tuners with black buttons
- Northfield “Amber” spirit varnish finish with Tortoise Binding
- Modern radius 5.7’ at the nut, up to 7.7’ at the 20th fret
- Standard nut width of 1 & 1/8"
- Airloom Deluxe hardshell case
- K&K Mandolin Twin pickup