Martin's Custom Shop brought their "A" game with this gorgeous OM-42 Guatemalan. A pristine, cream-colored Adirondack spruce top pairs with a classic, straight-grained Guatemalan rosewood back and sides in a beautifully executed Style-42 presentation.
A very well balanced and expressive OM to be sure, this guitar has a stately, refined sound replete with lively overtone and color. While excelling as a fingerstyle guitar, it has more than enough headroom to respond enthusiastically under a flatpick.
We love the modern pyramid bridge, old-style torch headstock inlay, under-the-finish pickguard, but there is a lot to love here for OM players, aficionados, and collectors alike.
- Adirondack spruce top
- Guatemalan rosewood back and sides
- Scalloped, 1/4" Adirondack spruce bracing
- Ebony fingerboard
- Ebony, modern, pyramid bridge w/ bone pins
- 42-style abalone purfling scheme
- Abalone, style-45 snowflake inlay
- Torch peghead, old style, over figured rosewood headstock veneer
- Modified-V neck w/ '30s-style heel, gloss finish
- Waverly tuners
- Tortoise pickguard under finish
- 1 3/4" nut
- 2 5/32" bridge spacing
- 25.4" scale
- Geib-style TKL case
- Serial number 2464437