This 1966 Gibson ES-330TDC in its original Cherry finish is in full factory formation from headstock to endpin. It's the perfect representation of the classic mid 60s thinline hollowbody in every way.
Weighing in at 6lbs even and loaded with a set of some of the hottest P90s we've seen in one of these models to date, it's one of those guitars that just explodes with tone. Incredibly lively acoustics combined with these P90s makes it an easy grab for some unplugged home playing or hitting the stage. The narrow nut and slim C carve neck allows for super fast and easy playing as well.
This ES-330 hasn't seen much play time in its life as evidenced by how clean it is. The unfaded Cherry finish is still incredibly vibrant despite some light lacquer checking throughout, as is all of the original chrome plated hardware throughout. The original reflector knobs appear almost New Old Stock with how clear and defined the lettering is. An original nylon saddled ABR-1 works perfectly and allows for clean string movement from the trapeze tailpiece all the way to the original nut.
ES-330s are Jazz and Blues favorites for sure, but this ES-330 is a rock and roll guitar, plain and simple. These pickups sound insane - big, clear, and a little more aggressive sounding than your average 60s P90. Into a gained up amp, you might wonder why you still need your solidbody P90-loaded guitars. We're not kidding...
If this guitar survives the TME gauntlet of an employee purchase, it's one that we don't think will last long here.
Condition: Excellent. A few small nicks, surface scuffs, and some coily cable contact marks on the back keep this one from being a nearly New Old Stock example. Structurally perfect with no breaks. All original hardware and plastics.
Priced with aftermarket Gator hardshell case.
- Laminated Maple body w/ Cherry nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck w/ bound Rosewood fingerboard and small block inlays
- Original Kluson double line tuners
- 1 9/16" nut width
- Slim C neck profile: .79" @ 1st fret / .93" @ 12th fret
- Original ABR-1 bridge with nylon saddles
- Original trapeze tailpiece
- Original wiring harness and reflector knobs - visible pot code shows '65' indicating a late mid/late 1965 potentiometer
- Original seller guitar shop sticker on back of the headstock
- Weight: 6lb