The Postmodern Stratocaster from Fender's Custom Shop is all about combining old-school Fender vibe with more modern refinements.
Featuring a two-piece select alder body with contoured neck heel and deep ’57 contours, a rift-sawn maple neck featuring a '60 Style Oval C carve, a compound-radius (9.5”-12”) round-lam rosewood fingerboard, and 21 jumbo (6100) frets, it embodies everything we love about a great Strat - a loud, open, resonant acoustic voice, lightweight/balanced, slinky playing feel, and fantastic amplified tones.
This Aged Black Strat features a trio of hand-would Dual Mag II pickups with a reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup. These shop fave pickups deliver a well-balanced tone, shimmering clear highs and balanced rich lows, through “½ blender” wiring with a Greasebuckeet circuit, allowing the bridge pickup to be blended in positions 1 and 2.
Other features include a five-way switch, three-ply tort pickguard, Custom Shop vintage synchronized tremolo, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
Strat players who are seeking that great "in-between" guitar - one that captures old-school feel and vibe with an expanded tonal range and modern playability - will find lots to love here. These are fantastic guitars! Priced with hardshell case.
- Journeyman Relic Lacquer Finish
- 2-Piece Select Alder Body
- Rift Sawn Maple Neck with '60 Style Oval C carve (.79-.93)and Contoured Heel
- Round-Lam AAA Rosewood fingerboard
- 9.5" to 12" Compound Radius
- 21 Jumbo Frets (6100)
- Hand-Wound Dual-Mag II Strat Pickups with RWRP Middle
- 5-Way Switch; 3-Ply Tort Pickguard, 1/2 Blender w/Greasebucket
- Custom Shop Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Vintage-Style Tuning Machines
- Bone Nut
- Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Certificate of Authenticity
- SN XN14781
- 8lbs 2oz