As we've come to expect with Collings guitars, this City Limits in a stunning "Dr. Pepper" Burst is off the charts great. These instruments are built by an extremely dedicated team and the pride and care they take with each guitar is immediately evident. Far from a rehashed Les Paul, the City Limits elevates this legendary style to a far more elegant and refined place.
The neck carve feels like a cross between a late 50s Les Paul and an early 60s - Collings calls it a medium-fat C. Combined with flawless fretwork, it's extremely comfortable and the overall feel is luxurious and smooth. It's an addictive feel to be sure.
The tones are open and dynamic, but always muscular like a great LP-style guitar should be. Beautiful, clear cleans coupled with sweet, midrange-drenched overdriven tones...the combo of a Collings build and Throbak's phenomenal sounding ER-MXV pickups ensures you can easily cover a lot of ground.
Condition: In truth, this guitar is about as close to 'like new' as possible for a used guitar - it was barely played and very well kept.
Many have claimed the City Limits to be one of the best guitars they've played. A few minutes spent on this CL Deluxe and it's easy to see why - looks, tones, feel. What more do you want? Priced with hardshell case.
- Premium quilted maple top over mahogany body and neck
- Grained ivoroid top/neck/peghead binding
- Black/White top purfling
- High-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Single bound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony or rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl parallelogram fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom ivoroid pickup rings and top hat knobs
- Dual Throbak ER-MXV humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone capacitors
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- 8lbs 7oz