If you've never had a chance to play a City Limits, you're in for a treat. Imagine a Les Paul style guitar that honors what makes a great Les Paul, well, great, but also perfects the original's 'flaws' - better balance when seated via subtle body contours (on the back), lighter weight, impeccable build quality, playability, and tones, and consistency of build. Sound cool? Read on...
The playability and set up are perfect. The neck carve on a City Limits can vary ever so slightly from guitar to guitar, but does stay within a '59 to '60 Les Paul shape. Measurement at the first fret is approx. .86", and by the 12th fret is approx. .96". This guitar is quite loud and rich sounding played acoustically, and the medium output Throbak ER-MVX humbuckers suit this guitar perfectly. There's great clarity and dynamic range - and a somewhat emphasized low-midrange - that delivers that desired "fatter single coil" tone we all love.
Condition: Near mint.
This is defiantly a LP style guitar that can do it all - clean and twangy, warm jazzy tones, biting bridge pickup overdrive, fat yet articulate neck pickup (looking at you Slash)....it's all here. This City Limits will easily exceed your expectations. Priced with hardshell case.
- Premium figured maple top over mahogany body and neck
- Non-grained ivoroid top/neck binding
- Aged nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony or rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Dot inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Dual Throbak ER-MXV humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- DiMarzio 500K pots and Jupiter Vintage Yellow Tone capacitors
- Kluson ABR-I bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- Serial No. CL201332
- 8lbs 2oz