Think of the Collings SoCo LC as a more comfortable ES-335 style guitar. All the versatility these types of guitars are known for with the added comfort of a single-cut body. It balances perfectly in your lap and the super comfortable C carve with rolled edges ensures you won't be putting it down anytime soon.
The bridge and neck pickup blend perfectly - no huge leaps in volume or bass when switching from the bridge to the neck pickup. Excellent clarity and punch without being strident or sterile. Anything from snappy and twangy to fat and warm are on tap. Totally up to you and your preferred playing style.
Condition: Near mint save for a small indentation on the back of the guitar (doesn't break the finish) and some light pick marks on the guard. Setup is excellent.
We really are living in a golden era for guitars (and pickups, pedals, and amps) and we'd very confidently hold this SoCo LC up as a prime example. Priced with hardshell case.
- Select figured maple semi-hollow laminate body
- Inset maple center block and mahogany neck
- Ivoroid top/back/neck binding
- Slim contour F-holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 frets, neck joins the body at the 19th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black or cream pickup rings and black or amber top hat knobs
- Lollar low-wind Imperial humbuckers
- 1950's Style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone capacitors
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Serial No. SOCOLC17111
- 7lbs 4oz