The Collings OM1JL is the result of Bill Collings' tireless efforts to provide guitar phenom, Julian Lage, with a touring guitar that would match his 1939 Martin 000-18 in tone, neck feel and vibe while maintaining the rugged stability that professional players demand of their Collings instruments.
Built with Collings' "Traditional" construction specs, the OM1JL features Mahogany back and sides, a Spruce top, extra-thin satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish, old-style peghead inlay and a custom neck blueprinted from Julian's aforementioned '39 000-18.
Simply put, this is the most exciting Collings guitar to come along in quite some time, and its lightness of build and dry, airy tone must be experienced to be believed.
- Select Adirondack Spruce top
- Mahogany back & sides
- Custom maple and rosewood strip rosette
- Tortoise-style top/back body binding
- Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped bracing
- No tongue brace
- Extra thin satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid gold pearl vintage-style Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
- Custom neck profile with 2 5/16" string spacing
- 1 11/16" bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 25 1/2" Scale length
- Tortoise bridge pins and end pin
- Antiqued Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- TKL Hard Shell Case
- Serial No. 32581