Recent (2016) Collings MT2 mandolin with a lustrous dark sunburst finish. It's always nice to have a used Collings mandolin in the shop to remind everyone how these instruments will open up over time. This particular MT2 has wonderful tone, and is already a little more broken-in sounding than its new counterpart. With a deep-red sunburst, tiger-striped, maple back and sides, and chrome hardware with ivoroid binding, this looks every bit the part of a refined, modern A-style. Added strap button.
Priced with Collings built hard case.
- Adirondack spruce top
- Eastern flamed maple back, sides and neck
- 1 1/8" bone nut
- Tone-bar bracing
- Full high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Nickel Gotoh tuners w/ ivoroid buttons
- Collings' original, one-piece tailpiece
- Ebony fingerboard & bridge
- V-shaped neck profile with 1 9/16" string spacing
- Serial #A3591