No need to adjust the color balance on your screen. That beautiful burnt sienna color is the result of what Collings calls "torrefaction," a controlled-heating process meant to mimic how an instrument's woods age over time. This recent (2017) Collings MT2 sunburst boasts the fully torrefied treatment to its Adirondack Spruce top and birdseye maple back, sides and neck. Other notable upgrades include satin silver Waverly tuners and a bound, ebony pickguard. With a mature, well-broken-in voice that belies its youthful age, this is a gorgeous mandolin and a value in a souped-up...well, call it "lightly roasted," second-hand Collings A.
Priced with Collings case.
- Torrefied Adirondack spruce top
- Torrefied, Birdseye maple back, sides and neck
- Radiused, bound ebony fingerboard, ebony bridge
- 1 1/8" bone nut
- 13 7/8" scale length
- Collings original tailpiece
- Waverly tuners in satin silver finish w/ ivoroid buttons
- Bound, ebony pickguard
- Collings hard case
- Serial # A3941