The Collings I-35 LC Deluxe is arguably the pinnacle of laminate ES-335 style guitars, as evidenced by this incredible aged Caramel Quilt Top beauty.
If you took the best ES-335 you've played and kicked every aspect of that guitar up a few notches and you'll start to get a sense of what these guitars are all about. The build quality and design touches are just stunning (note the headstock inlay, an upgraded option). Extremely light for a 335 style guitar - a touch over 7lbs 3oz - this guitar is very resonant both acoustically and plugged in.
You'd be hard pressed to find a guitar that's easier to play. The set-up and fretwork are excellent, which ultimately means this guitar has your back - anything you want to play, it's right there with you and doesn't fight you.
Tonally this guitar captures everything we love about ES-335's but with a little more sparkle on the top end and less midrange mud thanks to a killer sounding set of Lollar Low Wind Imperial humbuckers.
Simply put? If you're looking for the best-of-the-best when it comes to an ES-335 style guitar - flawless build quality, finish work, set-up, tones, and looks, this is your guitar. Priced with hardshell case.
- Aged Finish and Hardware
- Semi hollow w/ maple center block
- Maple laminate Body & Top
- Honduran mahogany neck
- Grained ivoroid body, fingerboard, headstock binding
- Bridge Kluson ABR-1 (nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)
- Bigsby Tremolo
- Fingerboard Ebony w/ Parallelogram Inlay
- Pickups Lollar Low Wind Imperial Humbuckers
- Pots/Caps DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Nut 1 11/16"
- Scale Length 24 7/8"
- Neck Joint Extra long mortise & tenon
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony w/ Parallelogram Inlay
- Nickel Gotoh Tuners
- Wiring 50s style
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Strings D'Addario NYXL1149 (.011" - .049")
- Case Deluxe Hardshell case by Ameritage
- 7 lbs 3 oz
- SN 191342