Our latest Collings I-35 LC in an aged Jet Black Lacquer has fooled more than a few folks into thinking this is an old 335. And let's be honest, the fact that it has a very strong Keef vibe doesn't hurt either.
The tone of this guitar matches the look perfectly - smokey, warm, fat - thanks to a pair of Throbak SLE101+ humbuckers. It really sounds like an older ES-335, and like an old 335, it excels at both clean and dirty tones. It's easy to see why players from all genres have called on this style of guitar throughout their careers. You really can play almost anything you need to play on these guitars, this example being no exception.
Playability, build quality, and setup? Flawless.
If you're a big Gibson fan and feel like newer guitars just don't capture "the vibe", think again. This guitar will change your mind from the second you pick it up. Priced with hardshell case.
- Builder: Collings
- Model: I-35 LC
- Serial Number: I35LC221903
- Materials: Maple Laminate, Honduran Mahogany, Rosewood
- Finish: Nitrocellulose, Aged Jet Black, Nitro
- Neck Shape: C carve .865-.967"
- Electronics: Throbak SLE101+ humbuckers, DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow, Volume (x2), Tone (x2), 3-way switch
- Hardware: Kluson ABR-1 bridge & stoptail piece, Gotoh
- Measurements: 24 7/8” scale, 1 11/16” bone nut, 12" radius
- Case/Papers: Ameritage Case, CoA