The goal with this custom ordered, one-of-a-kind I-35 LC Deluxe was to capture the vibe of a Clapton's ES-335. In order to achieve this goal, we worked with the customer and Collings on details like a custom aged Vintage Cherry color and a separate, darker, cherry red for the neck (like Gibson's have), the perfect plain top and dark fingerboard, reflector knobs, Bigsby, split parallel inlays that start on the 1st fret like a Gibson, headstock inlay, bound headstock, purfling...you're getting the idea. Capture all those elements that make the old Gibson semi-hollows look so cool and desirable melded with the meticulous build quality and attention to detail that Collings is know for.
The results are stunning and very much in the Gibson world vibe-wise. Being a Collings, this 35 is incredibly resonant, lively, and responsive. The neck on this I-35 is slightly chunky, but appropriate for this style of guitar. The setup is simply flawless. The Throbak SLE101 pickups sound phenomenal and are quite possibly our favorite vintage flavored humbuckers on the market, period. They have "the" sound and will leave you wanting for nothing if you're searching for the quintessential 335 tone.
Condition: Virtually indistinguishable from new (keep in mind it's a lightly aged guitar, aged at Collings).
Looking for the best 335 style guitar without going vintage? This is your guitar. Priced with hardshell case.
- Select plain maple semi-hollow laminate body & mahogany neck
- Custom Vintage Cherry body and neck color
- Black pickguard
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck/headstock binding
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 frets, neck joins the body at the 19th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale Length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl split parallelogram fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Reflector knobs
- Throbak SLE101 pickups
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- Serial No. 211537