Rubbing your eyes wondering if you're seeing mini-humbuckers and a trapeze tail piece on this gorgeous I-35LC? No need my friend. This is indeed a Riviera-inspired I-35LC with an incredible sounding set of Duncan Antiquity mini-humbuckers, a trapeze tailpiece, reflector knobs, and aged hardware but a gloss finish. Pretty amazing, right? It is, trust us.
If you're new to mini-humbuckers you're in for a treat. It's like the best of all worlds pickup-wise - humbucker output, single coil clarity, P90-like growl when pushing an amp...(they break up beautifully, btw). Seymour Duncan makes these pickups to vintage spec which means they're a little smaller than modern mini-humbuckers. To accommodate the smaller size, Collings custom made a set of bakelite pickup surrounds to fit them - very cool!
Everything else you know and love about a Collings I-35LC is here - flawless fit, finish, and playability. These guitars are simply a dream to play.
Condition: Excellent. Light signs of prior ownership, mainly in a few small dings on the back of the guitar body. Some light pick scratches on the pickguard and some very light handling wear on the top near the controls. Little to no fretwear to be found.
Priced with hardshell case.
Please note: used instruments are, well, used. We pride ourselves on thoroughly vetting, and carefully photographing, each pre-owned instrument we sell, but many of them carry subtle signs of handling that can escape even the most discerning eye. If you have questions about the condition of this instrument, we invite you to call us for an in-hand description. We're here to help!
- Select figured maple semi-hollow laminate body & mahogany neck
- Inset maple center block
- Aged white top/back/neck binding
- Slim contour F-holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 frets, neck joins the body at the 19th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale Length
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Black pickup rings and amber top hat knobs
- Dual Duncan Antiquity Mini-Humbuckers Pickups
- 1950's Style wiring scheme
- DiMarzio 500K pots and Jupiter vintage caps
- Kluson ABR-1 bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons
- Serial No. I35LC191218
- Weight: 6lbs 8oz