Anyone that knows us knows we simply love ES-330s. While ES-335s are obviously amazing, the totally hollow ES-330 has an overall musicality that makes them really appealing. Players as diverse as Grant Green to John Lennon (who used the Epiphone Casino, which is essentially the same model) have called upon this model, and for good reason - they're able to cover a surprisingly wide range of tones while delivering an acoustic-meets-electric feel. Quick footnote - these are really fun and rewarding guitars to play even without an amp, making them perfect for couch sessions or late night playing.
The Blonde finish is arguably the most popular color on these models, and for good reason. It really brings out the depth in the figuring of the maple laminate. Like all Collings guitars, the build, fit-finish, setup, and playability are perfect, quite literally.
Seasoned electric players looking to expand their palette to acoustic players looking for their first electric will find a lot to like with the I-30LC. Some might even say it's the perfect "cross-over" electric due to its hollow-body construction and feel, yet it sounds as good as any electric guitar out there.
- Fully hollow w/parallel trestle braces
- Maple laminate body/top, Blonde finish
- Honduran mahogany neck w/rosewood fingerboard
- Kluson ABR-1 bridge
- Collings original tailpiece
- Lollar P90 Pickups
- Dimarzio 500K/Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Amber top hat knobs
- 1 11/16" nut
- 24 7/8" Scale Length
- Extra long mortise & tenon neck joint
- Medium 18% nickel-silver frets
- Ebony headstock veneer w/MOP Collings Logo
- 50s style wiring
- 12" radius
- Ameritage Deluxe hardshell case
- Serial No. I30LC20432