We customized this Collings D3 back in 201;, but it drop-shipped to our client, and we've never seen it until now! This is a knockout guitar in every way: whether you admire an instrument for tone, looks, or whether you're a Collings fan looking for something decidedly not run of the mill ... feast your eyes (and ears)! This D3 features beautiful Madagascar Rosewood back and sides (not currently an option with Collings), an Adirondack spruce top, and the fabled varnish finish, which gives it a unique, three dimensional openness and depth. The overall condition is excellent, and it shows immense pride of ownership. The sound? Monstrously rich and detailed, with ample low end growl on tap for the player who likes to dig in with a flatpick. Priced with TKL hard case. On consignment.
Please note: used instruments are, well, used. We pride ourselves on thoroughly vetting, and carefully photographing, each pre-owned instrument we sell, but many of them carry subtle signs of handling that can escape even the most discerning eye. If you have questions about the condition of this instrument, we invite you to call us for an in-hand description. We're here to help!
- Model: D3
- Serial Number: 10538
- Materials: Madagascar rosewood back & sides, Adirondack spruce top, Ebony fingerboard & bridge
- Finish: High-gloss varnish w/"Western Shade Top" Sunburst
- Neck Shape: Collings "Vintage" ~ a full feeling, 1930's style V
- Hardware: Waverly tuners & bridge pins, Bone nut & saddle, K&K Pure Mini pickup, Dalmatian pickguard
- Measurements: 1 3/4" Nut width, 25.5" Scale, 2 3/8" String spacing
- Case: TKL hardshell