The D1A from Collings Guitars is as exceptional-sounding an example of a mahogany dreadnought as you'll find anywhere in the guitarosphere. Bell-like clarity and punch, with an extremely warm and focused low end. Prized by flatpickers around the country - and the world - this is one of the best all-purpose guitars out there. Features the standard 1 11/16" nut width. The previous owner had a strap pin installed, and didn't have it for long before deciding it wasn't quite the right fit for him. The condition remains excellent, at a steal of a price. Priced with TKL hard case!
Guitar pictured is in stock. Video sample reflects a previous guitar with the same specs.
- Select Adirondack spruce top
- Mahogany back & sides
- 25 1/2" scale length
- 1 11/16" nut width
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
- Modified V neck profile with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Serial No. 29831