If you've never had a chance to play a City Limits, you're in for a treat. Imagine a Les Paul style guitar that honors what makes a great Les Paul, well, great, but also perfects the original's 'flaws' - better balance when seated via subtle body contours (on the back), lighter weight, impeccable build quality, playability, and tones, and consistency of build. Sound cool? Read on...
The playability and set up are perfect. The neck carve on a City Limits can vary ever so slightly from guitar to guitar, but does stay within a '59 Les Paul shape. Measurement at the first fret is approx. .86", and by the 12th fret is approx. .96". This guitar is quite loud and rich sounding played acoustically, and the Lollar Low Wind Imperial humbuckers suit this guitar perfectly. There's great clarity and dynamic range - and a somewhat emphasized low-midrange - that delivers that desired "fatter single coil" tone we all love.
Condition: Very Good. Some minor play wear and handling wear on the rear of the body (buckle rash with some minor dings and light scratches near the rear contour/bevel), as well as a few minor dings on the top near the bridge pickup volume control. Very minor fret wear.
Priced with original hardshell case.
Please note: used instruments are, well, used. We pride ourselves on thoroughly vetting, and carefully photographing, each pre-owned instrument we sell, but many of them carry subtle signs of handling that can escape even the most discerning eye. If you have questions about the condition of this instrument, we invite you to call us for an in-hand description. We're here to help!
- Figured maple top over mahogany body and neck
- Non-grained ivoroid top/neck binding
- Aged nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony or rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Dot inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Lollar Low Wind Imperial Humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- DiMarzio 500K pots and Jupiter Vintage Yellow Tone capacitors
- Kluson ABR-I bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- Serial No. CL191245
- Approx 8 lbs