It's been a while since we've seen a Collings Goldtop electric in the shop, and we're quickly reminded of how amazing this discontinued finish really is.
This preowned 2014 Collings City Limits Standard Goldtop combines classic looks and simpler appointments with a pair of Throbak SLE101 pickups and, get this... a wraparound bridge. Yes, this CL captures that early 50s Gibson LP vibe but with all the modern functionality, build quality, and unequaled playability a great Collings can offer. As a 2014 vintage, this guitar features Collings' own compensated wraparound tailpiece, which provides enhanced intonation and an increase in sustain. Win/win!
With Collings not currently offering the Goldtop finish, this is the perfect opportunity to grab a 50s style CL at a great value.
Condition: Excellent. Light belt buckle rash on the back of the guitar, a few very small indentations in the top near the controls and the bridge, light to moderate fret wear mostly in frets 1-7.
Priced with hardshell case.
- Goldtop Finish
- Maple top over premium mahogany body
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony or rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Unbound Rosewood fingerboard w/ dot inlays
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- ThroBak SLE101 Humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- Throbak SLE101 Humbuckers
- Luxe Bumblebees caps….022 for the bridge and .015 at the neck (upgraded by customer)
- Collings Wraparound Tailpiece
- Serial # CL14850
- Weight: 8lb 6oz