Beautiful "preowned" City Limits just in, with the modern classic Doghair finish and a sweet sounding set of Lollar Imperial humbuckers. There may not be a cleaner example of a 2014 model than this one, and with a finish this striking, the standard appointments are welcomed here.
The all-mahogany body is the only slight departure from the otherwise normal pairing of the maple top, but the tonal response and feel remains intact. The Lollar humbuckers deliver rich low end with great midrange punch and a clear top end that suits all styles of music. These are some of best solidbody single cut electrics made today, and this CL proves that a well-executed formula never fails.
Condition: Near Mint+. This is essentially a New Old Stock guitar, still with plastic on the hardware, pickups, and control plates.
Priced with original hardshell case.
- Premium mahogany body and neck
- Non-grained ivoroid top binding
- Nitrocellulose Doghair lacquer finish
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony or rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Dot inlays
- Dual Lollar Imperial humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- DiMarzio 500K pots and Jupiter Vintage Yellow Tone capacitors
- Kluson ABR-I bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- Serial No. CL14821
- Weight: 8lbs