Feast your eyes on this beauty! Just in on consignment, this 2019 Collings City Limits Deluxe with Tiger Eye finish features an incredible maple top with gorgeous densely figured quilting.
Tonally? This CL Deluxe rocks a set of ThroBak ER-MXV humbuckers that have a lively, punchy, and articulate voice with great sustain and dynamic response. Pull up a clean tone on your amp, strike a big, open chord and get ready to smile. This guitar defies the stereotype that Les Paul style guitars only sound good with some gain - not so here. If your country chops are in order, you can pull twangy bridge pickup tones all the way through warm, round, jazzy neck pickup tones...Overdriven tones are dripping with harmonics, clarity, and power.
So how about condition? You'd be hard-pressed to find anything noticeable on the top, neck, or headstock. There's some play wear on the rear of the body- light buckle rash and some finish blemishes on the rear lower treble side bout and bevel/contour area. The frets are in excellent condition and playability is as great as you'd expect from a Collings.
Priced with hardshell case.
- Premium quilted maple top over mahogany body and neck
- Grained ivoroid top binding w/purfling
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Bound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl split parallelogram fingerboard inlays
- Ivoroid pickup rings and top hat knobs
- ThroBak ER MXV pickups
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- Dimarzio 500K pots/Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Kluson bridge and tailpiece
- Gotoh Tuners
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
- SN CL191291