Far from a rehashed Les Paul, the City Limits elevates this legendary style to a far more elegant and refined place, especially when paired with a great set of Throbak pickups.
This particular Deluxe variant of the City Limits comes to us in a stunning and sleek black satin finish complemented by a beautifully bound ivoroid top with matching knobs and pickup rings to boot.
The neck carve feels like a cross between a late 50s Les Paul and an early 60s - Collings calls it a medium-fat C. Combined with flawless fretwork, it's extremely comfortable and the overall feel is luxurious and smooth. It's an addictive feel to be sure.
The tones are open and dynamic, but always muscular like a great LP-style guitar should be. Beautiful, clear cleans coupled with sweet, midrange-drenched overdriven tones...the combo of a Collings build and Throbak's phenomenal sounding ER-MXV humbuckers ensures you can easily cover a lot of ground.
Priced with hardshell case.
- Premium maple top over mahogany body and neck
- Grained ivoroid top/neck/peghead binding
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl parallelogram fingerboard and peghead inlays
- Custom ivoroid pickup rings and top hat knobs
- Dual Throbak ER-MXV humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Serial # CL211396
- 8 lbs., 5 oz.