If you've never had a chance to play a City Limits, you're in for a treat. Imagine a Les Paul style guitar that honors what makes a great Les Paul great but also perfects the original's 'flaws' - better balance when seated via subtle body contours, lighter weight, impeccable build quality, playability, and tones, and consistency of build.
The neck carve on a City Limits can vary ever so slightly from guitar to guitar, but does stay within a '59 to '60 Les Paul shape. Measurement at the first fret is approx. .86", and by the 12th fret is approx. .96". This guitar is quite loud and rich sounding played acoustically, which definitely points to great things when plugging in. Amplified, there's a great clarity and dynamic range - and a somewhat emphasized midrange - that delivers that desired "fatter single coil" tone we all love.
Condition: Like new save for some extremely faint fret wear that's starting to form and a tiny patch of buckle rash on the back (keep in mind this is an aged finish guitar - any additional weather checking, marks, hardware tarnishing was done at the Collings factory). The setup is spot on as well...
This is a LP style guitar that can easily do it all - clean and twangy, warm jazzy tones, biting bridge pickup overdrive, fat yet articulate neck pickup... his City Limits will make the next owner very happy indeed. Priced with hardshell case.
- Premium figured maple top over mahogany body and neck
- Non-grained ivoroid top/neck binding
- Aged nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony or rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Split Parallelogram Inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Dual Throbak
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- SN CL181163