Fresh in on consignment, this City Limits with the Aged Nicky Burst finish and Throbaks is the ultimate in Collings solidbody tone, feel, and looks.
The ER MXV pickups from Throbak deliver that classic PAF tone with equal parts richness and clarity, making the CL an incredibly versatile electric that sits well with jazz, blues, rock, and even country. Combine that with superb playability and feel, and you'd have a hard time finding a better modern-built instrument that carries as much vibe as the CL does.
Condition: Excellent+. Any play wear would be indistinguishable apart from the aged finish. Frets show very little wear if at all. Super clean!
Priced with original hardshell case.
- Premium figured maple top over mahogany body and neck
- Non-grained ivoroid top/neck binding
- Aged nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony or rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Dot inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Dual Throbak ER-MXV humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- DiMarzio 500K pots and Jupiter Vintage Yellow Tone capacitors
- Kluson ABR-I bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- Serial No. CL201351