New to the Collings 290 line? To get you started, they're a slab mahogany body and mahogany neck coupled with killer sounding Throbak P90s. They're full of[nbsp]chime, midrange snarl, gorgeous cleans or Marshall half-stack ready overdriven tones, these guitars cover a huge range of tones. No doubt, these Throbak P90s sound absolutely incredible. Think of the 290 as the Gibson-style equivalent of a Tele, or the electric equivalent of a Martin D-18 - which is to say, they're super musical, versatile, shipped down instruments that you want to make music on.
New to P90s? Think of them of the best of both worlds - the middle ground between a Fender-style single coil and a Gibson humbucker. They are indeed single coils, but they have more body - oomph if you will - and output than a Strat or Tele. They also have a much more forward midrange response but never get as bloated or heavy handed as some humbuckers. Truth be told, they're our favorite style of pickup. Try them out, you'll see...single coil clarity with the girth and punch that approaches a humbucker's. What's not to love?
That old expression that "it's all in the hands"? This style of guitar shows you why that's true - they are tone machines, period. Everything you need, nothing you don't. No fancy tops, ornate bindings, etc...just tone and feel which leaves everything else up to you (i.e., your hands). Like all Collings, the build quality and setup are perfect. Featuring a Mojo Axe wrapround bridge! Priced with Ameritage hardshell case.
- Select solid mahogany body and neck
- Non-grained, aged Ivoroid fretboard binding
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Grained ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black pickup covers and black top hat knobs
- Throbak ’52/’54 P90s
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- Dimarzio 500K pots and Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone capacitors
- Mojo Axe Wraparound Bridge
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- Serial No. 290221748