It's always a treat taking one of Ryan Navey's Carolina banjos out of the case for the first time. They radiate with an old-world pride of craftsmanship, and an aesthetic that blends mountain tradition and contemporary trends. These banjos have a beautiful, warm sound that's perfect for old-time music in a small ensemble (duos & trios). The short scale makes this one a joy to play; and its lightness of feel and response may draw you in for hours on end. Completely handmade, with hand-carved tree etchings on the headstock & neck heel. A current shop favorite in the banjo niche! Priced with hard case.
- Model: 11" Custom
- Materials: Walnut rim & neck, Padauk tone ring, Ebony fingerboard
- Finish: Satin tung-oil varnish
- Neck Shape: Medium depth rounded V
- Hardware: Gotoh tuners, second bridge for gut-string setup
- Measurements: 1 1/4" Nut width, 24 3/4" Scale
- Case: Superior hardshell