Rhode Island based luthier Mark Campellone builds some of the highest quality archtop guitars in the world. We've been fortunate enough to represent his guitars for decades, and it's always a treat to see one of his instruments come through the shop.
We've just taken in a gorgeous sounding Deluxe Custom model with a 17" body featuring a "Wes Burst" finish aimed at capturing the aesthetic of Montgomery's famous Gibson L5. We think Mark nailed it! The sunburst finish highlights the carved Spruce top and figured Maple body and neck beautifully.
As is the case with all of Mark's builds, fit, finish, and playability are all top-notch. Acoustically, the guitar has begun to open up nicely, with a rich dynamic response, strong fundamental, and a great woody top end. A single Lollar Low Wind Imperial neck pickup has a sweet, chimey tone that suits the acoustic elements of the build perfectly.
Having been previously owned by a professional player, it does show some light signs of playing with some light fret wear, but is otherwise is fabulous condition. It's currently set up with a medium gauge set of roundwound strings for some extra zing, and comes with two separate rosewood bridges to accommodate a plain or wound 3rd string.
Priced with original hardshell case.
- Body size at lower bout: 17"
- Body Depth: 3 1/4"
- Scale length: 25 1/2"
- Nut: 1 11/16"
- Neck depth 1st/10th frets: .86/1.02
- Top: Solid bookmatched handcarved fine grain Sitka spruce top
- Back/Sides: Handcarved solid tiger flame Maple back and sides with Venetian cutaway
- Neck: Solid tiger flame Maple neck; solid Ebony fingerboard; pearl headstock logo and fret inlays; 5-ply body binding.
- Hardware: Solid ebony hardware includes abalone inlaid deco-design tailpiece and compensated adjustable ebony bridge
- Hand bound tortoise pickguard
- Gold Grover Keystone Rotomatic tuners with keystone pegs
- Jason Lollar Low-Wind Imperial humbucker
- SN#: 5441298
- Weight: 7lbs