While Laurent Brondel may be most well-known for his gorgeous "A" models (the modern twists on classic designs in his lineup), he's equally adept at building traditional Martin style guitars as well. Behold! The 18! This is an absolutely lovely OM-18 style guitar, built in the traditional style with a few non-traditional riffs thrown in (carbon fiber neck reinforcements and optional varnish finish). Light as air, and as responsive as you'd expect it to be, we hear the same mix of woody fundamental and sparkle in this guitar as we do in a Bondel A2 -- yet the voice is much drier, with increased midrange presence. Effortlessly playable in any tuning, this is the kind of guitar you get lost in for hours at a time. With Hiscox hard case.
This guitar sold after being posted on social media, but we'll have new Brondel instruments in early 2021. Feel free to reach out if you're interested!
- Torrefied red spruce top
- Honduran mahogany back [&] sides
- 25 3/8” scale length
- 1 3/4” nut width
- 2 3/8” bridge string spacing
- 1-piece Honduran mahogany neck
- Ebony fretboard and bridge
- Brazilian rosewood headplate, end wedge and heel cap
- Carbon fiber reinforced neck & fretboard
- Hot hide glue construction
- Jescar NS 55090 fretwire
- Waverly nickel oval tuners
- Oil varnish finish, pale burst top